The Accord for the Protection of Children in Scottish Sport
The Accord addresses areas of practice that promote the care and protection of children, while at the same time, supporting staff and volunteers to work with children with confidence. The Accord aims to ensure that all stakeholders in Scottish sport and ogranisations which are primarily concerned with the care, welfare and protection of children, fulfill their responsibilities to protect children and young people from abuse, harm and exploitation in and through sport.
Fife Sports and Leisure Trust have:
- Established a steering group to oversee the development and delivery of child protection strategies
- Published a child protection statement which is displayed in each sport and leisure centre
- Developed an action plan which lists ways in which the outcomes contained in the 2006 Accord can be achieved
- Produced Good Practice Guidelines for Working with Children and Young People which sets out the standards that are expected from employees
- Revised the Company's employee Code of Conduct to incorporate the outcomes of the Accord
The Child Protection in Sport Service (a partnership between Children 1st and sportscotland) have confirmed that Fife Sports and Leisure Trust have become a signatory to the 2006 Accord.
This accreditation demonstrates the Trust's commitment to protecting children when participating in sporting activities at Sport and Leisure Centres in Fife.