Our Health Commitment Statement
Your health is your responsibility and we want to support you in becoming active through the activities on offer on our website, social media and Youtube channel and with this in mind we have carefully considered what we can reasonably expect of each other.
Click here to download the Health Commitment Statement
Our commitment to you
- We will respect your personal choices and allow you to make your own decisions about what exercise you can carry out. However, we ask you not to exercise beyond what you consider to be our own abilities.
- We will make every reasonable effort to make sure that our live or on-line workouts are safe for you to use and enjoy.
- We will take reasonable steps to make sure that our instructors are qualified to fitness industry standards and that all our instructors maintain their continual professional development and competencies.
- If you tell us that you have a disability which puts you at a substantial disadvantage in accessing virtual workouts, we will consider what adjustments, if any, are reasonable for us to make.
Your commitment to us
- You should not exercise beyond your abilities. If you know or are concerned that you have a medical condition which might interfere with you exercising safely, before you take part you should get advice from a relevant medical professional and follow that advice.
- You should make yourself aware of any rules or instructions, including aware notices, and to follow them. Exercise carries its own risks. You should not carry out any activities which you have been told are not suitable for you.
- You should not exercise or stop immediately if you feel ill when taking part in our live or virtual sessions.
- If you have a disability, you must follow any reasonable instructions to allow you to exercise safely.
It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure:
- there is sufficient space to perform the exercises safely and move freely without obstacles or obstructions, free from furniture, equipment and other hazards – a minimum of four square metres per person
- any equipment is safe and in a suitable condition for the activity being performed
- the surrounding floor space is entirely clear to remove any hazards that may increase the risk of slips, trips or falls
- there are no distractions throughout the duration of the session
- there is sufficient heating, lighting, ventilation and hydration.
In addition, the following disclaimer applies in respect of any pre-recorded sessions:
Disclaimer. As with all fitness and exercise programmes, when using any exercise video you need to use your common sense. To reduce and avoid injury, you will want to check with your doctor before beginning any fitness programme. By performing any fitness exercises without supervision, you are performing them at your own risk. Fife Sports and Leisure Trust will not be responsible or liable for any injury or harm you sustain as a result of any online fitness video or information shared on our website. This includes emails, videos and text.