Terms and Conditions
Standard Leisure Active Terms and Conditions
- Submit your completed application form to the centre reception, allow up to 28 days for processing. The application process can also be completed online.
- If your current Active Concession or Corporate card has been in existence for more than 11 months, continuing proof of eligibility is required.
- A photo is required for all membership cards and will be taken at the time of joining.
- Amendments to membership categories are at the discretion of Fife Sports and Leisure Trust. A minimum of 30 days’ notice is required with written notice submitted either at reception or by emailing Leisure.Active@fifeleisure.org.uk
- Fife Sports and Leisure Trust reserves the right to reject an application.
- Lost/stolen membership cards can be reported at any leisure centre. This should be done as soon as possible. A charge will be made for a replacement card. Alternatively, a wristband can be purchased at reception.
- The membership card is not transferable. Attempted use of the membership card by a non-member will result in cancellation of that membership without any refund of fees already paid.
- Membership Payment methods:
Membership is valid from day of purchase for 12 months.
You must have been a member for 10 months to receive a refund. Refunds for annual members are only available for the final two months of the membership. In cases of illness or injury, proof will be requested to decide whether a larger refund or extension is permitted.
- The first payment should be made at the leisure centre reception on completion of the application form. This is non-refundable.
- Membership is valid from the date of first payment.
- Direct Debits will be called on the 1st of each month.
- The 1st Direct Debit will include an element of a pro-rata payment dependent on date of joining.
- For Junior applicant's parent or guardian must complete the Direct Debit mandate.
- Any member paying by Direct Debit will be notified of any annual changes to their Direct Debit payment. The scheme will continue to offer unlimited access without disruption or inconvenience.
- To opt-out at any time, after the minimum contract period, 30 days written notice.
- If a direct debit payment or cancellation written notice is not received, a letter will be sent to the member advising of the amount due and that the membership has been suspended. The member will be advised that they will not be permitted to re-join the scheme until all amounts due are paid in full. If the outstanding amount remains unpaid, the membership will be cancelled and the member will be invoiced for any outstanding monies due.
- Please note, if you cancel your Direct Debit with your bank, we will automatically cancel down your membership, remove your bank details (as per BACS regulations) and send you an invoice for any outstanding monies due.
- Membership is for a minimum period of 4 months. Members can cancel at any time after 3 months of membership has been completed but must give 30 days’ notice in writing; otherwise, they will be invoiced for any outstanding monies due. We must receive your cancellation request by the 1st of the month and your membership will be cancelled down by the end of the month with continued access to facilities. Cancellation requests received after the 1st will be liable for one more membership payment with continued access to facilities. A cooling-off period in which a member can withdraw from the contract must be communicated in writing in the first 7 days from when the contract is signed. Written notice of cancellation should be posted to Leisure Active Administration Team, Music Institute, East Port, Dunfermline, Fife, KY12 7JA, handed in at the leisure centre or by email to Leisure.Active@fifeleisure.org.uk and will be actioned from the date the cancellation form is received by the Leisure Active Administration office.
- Refunds for memberships will only be made in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of Fife Sports and Leisure Trust. The Monthly Pass is non-refundable.
- The membership charges will be reviewed annually and determined by Fife Sports and Leisure Trust.
- The member must present their card or wristband on every visit, obtain a valid receipt and notify for every activity that they wish to attend. FSLT venues operate secure door control systems to eliminate unauthorised access. No card = no entry unless a replacement card is purchased or the full price of the activity is paid.
- If you require to cancel a pre-booked activity then 24 hours notice is required. Failure to do so may result in the suspension of the membership without any refund of fees already paid.
- Bookings can only be accepted if a valid membership card is produced, or in the case of a telephone booking, the membership number is quoted. You are prohibited from booking anyone else into a fitness class using your own card or their membership card.
- Fife Sports and Leisure Trust reserves the right to exclude members if their behaviour is deemed inappropriate or constitutes a risk without any refund of fees already paid. This includes misuse of the Fast Track Kiosks.
- Junior members aged 5 and up to and including 13 years are only eligible for Bronze membership (swimming only).
- Junior members aged below 8 years must be accompanied by an adult in the swimming pool.
- Only authorised users will be admitted to the gym. An Induction session is required to become an authorised user. All users must be signed off by a member of the gym staff prior to accessing the facility.
- Access will be restricted during seasonal holidays and maintenance closures. There will be no refund for any variations in access times or for the restriction to facilities.
- To access the health suite all members must be 16 years and over.
- To access any group fitness class all members must be 14 years and over. Junior members aged 14-15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All facilities and activities are subject to availability and are governed by the Sports and Leisure Venue Rules.
- All category options are subject to availability. Customers should familiarise themselves with the facilities available in each centre.
- Fife Sports and Leisure Trust undertakes to use personal information responsibly, in accordance with the law, keeping it accurate and up to date. It is the member’s responsibility to ensure that any changes to the personal details provided are advised immediately.
Fife Sports and Leisure Trust reserves the right to amend terms and conditions at any time