Adult Basic Water Confidence/Beginners
This stage is primarily focused on water confidence, relaxation, streamlining and an introduction to core aquatic skills including aquatic breathing.
To become water confident and develop core aquatic skills (without assistance but with buoyancy aids as required)
- Introduce complete non-swimmers to the aquatic environment and establish an understanding of safety in and around water
- Develop and progress water confidence
- Establish an understanding of basic core aquatic skills
- Encourage independent movement
- Develop skills through enjoyment of the water
- Develop balance and buoyancy through a variety of activities
- Introducing the basic principles of sculling
Adult Improvers - Stroke Development
This is a broad stage which will continue to develop water confidence and will introduce stroke technique and bi-lateral breathing.
To further develop core aquatic skills without aids and develop basic stroke technique
- Develop confidence and ability to perform a wide range of core aquatic skills without buoyancy aids
- Progress and introduce new core aquatic skills developing an awareness and feel for the water
- Develop the basic technique of the four strokes